All the tourists visiting Bhutan (except Indian, Bangladeshis & Maldivians) must be aware of minimum daily tariff that they must pay prior to their arrival in Bhutan. This is fixed at US $250 per person per night spent in Bhutan during peak tourist season (March, April, May, September, October & November) and US $200 per person per night spent in Bhutan during lean tourist season (June, July, August, December, January & February).
On top of minimum daily tariff, by virtue of smaller groups, single traveler have to pay an extra of $40 per night stay in Bhutan as surcharges and dual travelers have to pay an extra of $30 per person per night stay in Bhutan as surcharges during both peak and lean tourist seasons.
Onetime payment of US $40 per person is applicable as Bhutan visa fee on top of minimum daily tariff and surcharges.
Generally above mentioned price covers the following:
- Accommodations in 3 star rated hotels in twin sharing basis
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea & snacks, bottled water during the day)
- Private tour vehicles with experienced driver for the entire duration of tour
- Government sustainable development fee of $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan (This money goes for rural development, infrastructure development, free education and free medical services to Bhutan).
- Entry fees to all tourist visiting sites
- Licensed English speaking local guide
- Trekking equipments as follows:
- Horses/ potters and ponies
- Toilet tents with toilet pots and toilet papers.
iii. Sleeping tents (A-shaped) with pillows and mattress
- Dinning tents with tables and chairs
- Kitchen tents with whole set of kitchen items to prepare meals.
- Trekking/camping cooks
vii. Trekking/camping staffs
viii. Hot water bags in bed.
However few of the trekking packages involving more number of days will be more expensive than the above mentioned prices due to nature of the tour involved.
As there are no stores/shops and tree houses along the trail, the whole set of camping equipments and stocks to last for the entire duration of trekking tour must be carried by crew members, yak and horses incurring higher charges.
Do check our trekking packages as detailed prices for different packages are all mentioned alongside.